Prosthodontics is a branch of dentistry that focuses on replacing and restoring natural teeth. Prosthodontists are trained in solving dental problems attributed to damaged and missing teeth. They solve complex dental issues in order to restore the function and health of their patient’s bite.
Dr. Vincent Prestipino is a highly experienced prosthodontist in Bethesda, MD. He is a member of the American College of Prosthodontists and a Fellow in the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics. Dr. Prestipino diagnoses and treats patients while providing effective care at Prestipino Dental Group. By actively contributing to postgraduate education, he is an advocate for excellence in the dental field.
Treating Damaged or Missing Teeth
After an in-depth examination and evaluation, Dr. Prestipino may recommend one of these treatments to address missing or damaged teeth:
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin ceramic shells are used to cover discolored, chipped, worn, or cracked teeth. They reflect light for a natural appearance.
- Tooth Bonding: This more economical alternative to veneers uses biocompatible material that is shaped and cured onto areas of tooth damage.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge can restore one or more teeth with false, or pontic, replacements.
- Dentures: Dentures can replace multiple teeth or full arches of teeth. They may also be partial or full. We recommend implant-supported dentures because they are a durable and long-lasting option.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are one of the most viable solutions for restoring one or more lost teeth. Implants are surgically placed in the jaw and can support a dental bridge or denture.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown can address damaged, cracked, or fractured teeth. Dental implants are also topped with dental crowns for a natural and balanced appearance.
- TMJ Disorder: Patients with TMJ disorders often suffer from headaches, facial pain, and tooth damage. Physical therapy and nightguards can alleviate these symptoms and stop jaw and tooth damage at the source.
Request an Appointment Today
Do you want to restore your missing teeth? Maybe you want to repair chips or cracks in your tooth enamel. Call Prestipino Dental Group for care today at 301-276-0219. We serve patients in Chevy Chase, Gaithersburg, and Rockville, MD.