Does dental fear and anxiety hinder you from receiving the dental care you need? At Prestipino Dental Group, we offer an extensive range of dental sedation options. Dr. Vincent Prestipino or Dr. Tassos Sfondouris will assess your needs and determine which type of dental sedation is right for you. By using sedation dentistry, our dentists help patients feel relaxed during their treatment for pain-free dental care. Dental sedation is also beneficial for patients with phobias, low pain tolerance, or special needs. Learn more about this general dental option below:
Can I Benefit From Sedation Dentistry?
Many patients can benefit from sedation dentistry. In many cases, patients who fit the following conditions may benefit from sedation dentistry:
- Disabilities or movement disorder
- Dental fear or anxiety
- Poor gag reflex
- Low tolerance for pain
- Multiple dental treatments in one visit
- Phobia of needles, blood, or loud noises
If you or a loved one require dental care but need dental sedation, call our office. We will be happy to help.
Dental Sedation Options
After reviewing your medical history and dental concerns, we may recommend one of these sedation treatments for your treatment needs:
- Nitrous oxide: Also known as laugh gas, nitrous oxide is administered through a nasal mask. This sedation option takes effect quickly and allows patients to remain fully conscious during treatment. Nitrous oxide can also be used in conjunction with other types of sedation for the best possible results.
- IV conscious sedation: This type of sedation is administered by IV directly into the bloodstream. IV conscious sedation deeply relaxes patients so that they may even fall asleep during their treatment. Many patients won’t remember their treatment when we use this dental sedation.
- Oral conscious sedation: We administer oral conscious sedation through an oral pill or liquid is taken before the scheduled appointment. Oral conscious sedation may cause drowsiness, just like IV sedation.
Contact Our Office
Do you want relaxing, pain-free dental care? Call Prestipino Dental Group for treatment with dental sedation today at 301-276-0219. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Prestipino or Dr. Sfondouris on our website. They will be happy to answer any remaining questions about sedation dentistry and your current dental concerns.