We would like to thank you for all of your support since our reopening on May 26, 2020. Prestipino Dental Group is proud to announce that it has successfully welcomed over 2,000 guests for both routine and non-emergency dental procedures and has had zero confirmed COVID-19 cases. We are honored to have been able to serve our community and appreciate all of your trust, patience, and cooperation during this transition.
We strictly plan on maintaining our practice to be a clean, safe and welcoming environment. We will do this by adhering to the recommendations from the CDC, ADA, and OSHA organizations to ensure that our infection control procedures are up-to-date and to adhere to each agency’s recommendation.
We implemented the following additional changes.
Infection Control Program:
- Updated OSHA Infection Control & Respiratory Protection Programs to reflect the changes related to COVID-19.
- Pre-screening COVID-19 Questionnaire to ALL STAFF and PATIENTS prior to entering our practice.
- Mandatory temperature checks to PATIENTS with a Non-Contact Laser Thermometer prior to entering our treatment rooms. If a temperature of 100.4 degrees Celsius or greater is detected, the person will be sent home for further observation.
- Patients will rinse with a pre-treatment 1.5 -3% hydrogen peroxide oral disinfection solution for 30 to 60 seconds to further kill any bacteria and viruses that may be in the oral cavity.
- ALL TEAM MEMBERS will wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) certified by NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) such as N-95 Surgical Masks, Isolation Gowns, Patient Safety Goggles, and Gloves.
- There will be HEPA Medical Grade room air filters in reception areas, as well as advanced air purifiers in every operatory room continuously running to completely filter and purify the air multiple times each hour.
- To minimize the spread of aerosols during a dental procedure, we have purchased Extra-Oral Dental Suction Units to further capture the aerosols.
- Our patient operatory treatment rooms will be cleaned and disinfected with hospital-grade disinfectants that kill bacteria, fungi, and viruses between each patient.
Along with adhering to the above Infection Control programs related to COVID19, we kindly ask you to comply with the following:
- Always wear a mask when entering and leaving our office.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, we ask you to reschedule your appointment if any of the following apply:
-If you, or anyone else in your family feels ill or is showing any symptoms of the flu, a cold, or COVID19.
-If you have come in contact with anyone who has experienced symptoms of the flu, a cold, or COVID19.
-If you have traveled internationally within less than two weeks of your appointment.
Additionally, we will continue to evaluate our policies and procedures to reflect the current CDC and OSHA guidelines and make any necessary changes in order to keep our dental practice clean, safe.
We value your trust and loyalty. We look forward to seeing you and taking care of your dental needs!
Vincent Prestipino, DDS, Tassos Sfondouris, DDS, MS and Staff