We would like to thank you for all of your support since our reopening on May 26, 2020. Prestipino Dental Group is proud to announce that it has successfully welcomed over 2,000 guests for both routine and non-emergency dental procedures and has had zero confirmed COVID-19 cases. We are honored to have been able to serve our community and appreciate all of your trust, patience, and cooperation during this transition.
As the cold and flu season approaches, we would like to remind all of our patients and guests that Safety is and Always Will be Our Top Priority! We strictly plan on maintaining our practice to be a clean, safe and welcoming environment. We will do this by strictly adhering to the recommendations from the CDC, ADA and OSHA organizations to ensure that our infection control procedures are up-to-date and to adhere to each agency’s recommendation.
We implemented the following additional changes to our already existing strong and robust Infection Control Program:
- Updated OSHA Infection Control & Respiratory Protection Programs to reflect the changes related to COVID-19.
- Only patients with a scheduled appointment may enter our practice. You may choose to wait in your car or in our building lobby on L Level. You may receive a text message or a phone call when the dental treatment room is available.
- Pre-screening COVID-19 Questionnaire to ALL STAFF and PATIENTS prior to entering our practice inquiring for example, whether they have a cough or fever, have lost their sense of taste or smell or been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
- Mandatory temperature checks to ALL STAFF and PATIENTS with a Non-Contact Laser Thermometer prior to entering our treatment rooms. If a temperature of 100.4 degrees Celsius or greater is detected, the person will be sent home for further observation and testing.
- A negative Pre-screening COVID-19 questionnaire test will grant access to enter our treatment rooms. Patients will rinse with a pre-treatment 1.5 -3% hydrogen peroxide oral disinfection solution for 30 to 60 seconds to further kill any bacteria and viruses that may be in the oral cavity.
- ALL TEAM MEMBERS will wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) certified by NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) such as N-95 Surgical Masks, Isolation Gowns, Patient Safety Goggles, and of course Gloves.
- There will be HEPA Medical Grade room air filters in reception areas, as well as advanced air purifiers in every operatory room continuously running to completely filter and purify the air multiple times each hour.
- To minimize the spread of aerosols during a dental procedure, we have purchased Extra-Oral Dental Suction Units to further capture the aerosols.
- Every 30 minutes, all common spaces such as reception areas, seats, countertops, doorknobs and bathrooms, etc., will be disinfected throughout the day with medical-grade cleaners and disinfectants.
- Our patient operatory treatment rooms will be cleaned and disinfected with hospital-grade disinfectants that kill bacteria, fungi, and viruses between each patient. Each room will stay vacant for 30 minutes after each use to ensure proper disinfection.
- At the end of each working day, the entire dental facility and treatment rooms are professionally cleaned and disinfected with a Cold Fogging misting solution made up of Hypochlorous Acid.
Along with adhering to the above Infection Control programs related to COVID19, we kindly ask you to comply with the following:
- Always wear a mask when entering and leaving our building.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, we ask you to reschedule your appointment if any of the following apply:
-If you, or anyone else in your family feels ill or is showing any symptoms of the flu, a cold, or COVID19.
-If you have come in contact with anyone who has experienced symptoms of the flu, a cold, or COVID19.
-If you have traveled internationally within less than two weeks of your appointment.
-If you have a child that has been sent home (within less than two weeks -from your appointment) from a school or college due to a breakout in COVID19 cases.
We can all feel confident and that our practice is a safe place to work and receive dental treatment. Due to the large square footage of our practice and that fact that we are only 1 of 3 businesses operating in our building, we can ensure that Social Distancing Practices will be maintained at all times.
Additionally, we will continue to evaluate our policies and procedures to reflect the current CDC and OSHA guidelines and make any necessary changes in order to keep our dental practice clean, safe, and comfortable space.
We value your trust and loyalty. We look forward to seeing you and taking care of your dental needs!
Vincent Prestipino, DDS, Tassos Sfondouris, DDS, MS and Staff