Dr. Vincent Prestipino
Dr. Prestipino received his D.D.S. degree from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry and his post-doctoral certificate in Prosthodontics at New York University School of Dentistry. He had held a position as an Assistant Clinical Professor at New York University and was Associate Professor in the Department of Prosthodontics at the University of Maryland School O Dentistry. Dr. Prestipino has lectured nationally and internationally on esthetic and implant dentistry and actively contributes to postgraduate education. He has also developed and patented more than 7 patents in Dentistry.
His early involvement with aesthetic implant dentistry has led to the development of several implant components. He co-developed the first all-ceramic dental implant abutment and obtained the FDA 510(K) Clearance, upon which all ceramic abutments are permitted to be marketed within the USA.
He has several publications on different topics in Dentistry. Dr. Prestipino is a Fellow of the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics, the Academy of Osseointegration, a member of The American College of Prosthodontists, The American Dental Association, and several Dental Societies in the State of Maryland.
Patents and Developments:
- 40 Anniversary Nobel Biocare: Procera® Laminate
- Dent. Tech – State of the Art & Function in Implant Dentistry with Custom Hybrid Zirconium Abutments
- International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants: Palatal Sliding Strip Flap: Soft Tissue Management to Restore Maxillary Anterior Esthetics at Stage 2 Surgery: A Clinical Report (Pages 1 – 4); (Cont., Pages 5 – 7)
- Journal of Esthetic Dentistry – Volume 6: Preserving the Topography of the Extraction Site: The External Gingival Support Splint (Pages 1 – 3); (Cont., Page 4 – 8)
- Journal of Esthetic Dentistry – Volume 8: All Ceramic Implant Abutments: Esthetic Indications (Cover-Page 3); (pages 4-6); (Cont., Page 7 – 8).
- Laboratory Digest: Conventional cementation protocol for a Procera Allceram Crown Laboratory Digest-Page 1 thru 3; (Cont., Page 4 – 6)
- Nobel Biocare, Procera® Clinical Procedures: Procera® Laminate
- PPAD – Practical Periodontics & Aethsthetic Dentistry: Clinical and Laboratory Considerations in the Use of a New All-Ceramic Restorative System (Pages 1 – 4); (Cont., Pages 4 – 9)
- QDT 2000: All-Ceramic Implant Abutments: Multiple-Unit Application (Pages 1 – 4); (Cont., Pages 5 – 9)
- QDT Yearbook 2001: A Practical Approach for Retrieving Cement-Retained, Implant-Supported Restorations (Page 1 – 3);(Cont., Page 4 – 7)
- The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry: Light transmission through all-ceramic dental materials: A pilot study (Pages 1 – 3); (Cont., Pages 4 – 6)
- Vivident- Welcome to the Smart Age: All Ceramic Implant Abutments: Balancing Esthetics with Function