We hope this e-mail finds you and your family in good health! We have been through a lot over these past several months and we are adapting to the changes caused by COVID-19. While many things have changed, one thing has remained constant: our commitment to the safety of our patients and team members.
Our practice has been open to treat non-emergency dental procedures since May 26, 2020. During this time, our practice has had the opportunity to critically evaluate our existing policies and implement best practices under the guidance from the CDC, ADA and OSHA organizations. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our Infection Control Programs are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
We believe that everyone has their own personal thoughts on getting back into society. Whatever your thoughts are on your dental health, we respect them and will accommodate you with whatever makes you comfortable. This communication is meant to inform and re-assure our patients that our practice is Safe for dental treatment.
The following additional changes have been implemented to our already existing strong and robust Infection Control Program:
· Updated OSHA Infection Control & Respiratory Protection Programs to reflect the changes related to COVID-19.
· Only patients with a scheduled appointment may enter our practice. You may choose to wait in your car or in our building lobby on the Lower Level. You may receive a text message or a phone call when the dental treatment room is available.
· A Pre-screening COVID-19 Questionnaire will be completed by ALL STAFF and PATIENTS prior to entering a treatment room inquiring for example, whether they have a cough or fever, have lost their sense of taste or smell, have COVID or been exposed to anyone with COVID-19. To bypass this procedure you will receive either a text or e-mail questionnaire. You may complete this online by clicking on the link to avoid time at the front desk.
· Continuously and daily monitoring of regional hot-spots from CDC and if patients have recently traveled from any of these areas, we may require a 14 day quarantine prior to returning to the practice.
· Mandatory temperature checks to All Patients & Team Members with a Non-Contact Laser Thermometer prior to entering our treatment room. If a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater is detected, the person will be sent home for further observation and testing.
· Our treatment rooms will stay vacant for 30 minutes after a patient leaves the room to allow adequate time for disinfection.
· Increased Hand Hygiene measures by both Patients and All Team Members. Once in the treatment room, patents will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer containing a 60-90% based alcohol solution. CDC recommends the use of use of alcohol-based hand rub (ABHR) or hand-washing, as a simple yet effective way to prevent the spread of pathogens and infections in healthcare settings.
· Patients will be asked to rinse with a pre-treatment 1.5 – 3% Hydrogen Peroxide oral disinfection solution for 30 seconds. Rinsing with a hydrogen peroxide based oral solution will help reduce bacterial and viral replication in the oral cavity to help further decrease aerosol production during treatment.
· ALL TEAM MEMBERS will wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) certified by NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) such as N-95 Surgical Masks, Isolation Gowns, Safety goggles and of course Gloves.
· All of our treatment rooms are equipped with medical grade, washable Keyboards and Mouse Pads that can be cleaned and disinfected with hospital grade disinfectants. These items are used by both team members and doctors, so it is vital that they are cleaned to help minimize the spread of pathogens.
There will be HEPA Medical Grade room air filters in reception areas, as well as advanced air purifiers in every treatment room continuously running to completely filter and purify the air multiple times each hour.
· To help minimize the spread of aerosols during a dental procedure; we have purchased several Extra-Oral Dental High-Speed Evacuation Suction Units to further capture the aerosols.
· All common spaces such as reception areas, seats, counter tops and doorknob will be disinfected regularly throughout the day with hospital grade cleaners and disinfectants.
· At the end of each working day, the entire dental facility and treatment rooms are professionally cleaned and disinfected with a cold fogging misting solution made up of Hypochlorus Acid.
We feel confident that our dental practice is a SAFE place to receive your dental treatment. To stay abreast with the ever-changing recommendations of COVID-19 in the health care settings, we are continuously and actively monitoring the scientific literature and updating our policies to reflect the best practices during the COVID-19 era.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to ensure the safety of our patients and team members. To make an appointment, please call our office at 301-652-2300 or visit our website at: https://www.prestipinodentalgroup.com/ or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends!
Prestipino Dental Group