We are committed to ensuring the well –being of our patients and staff. We would like to update you and let you know that we are aware of the potential seriousness of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are closely monitoring the communications daily from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Maryland Department of Health (MDoH). We will keep you updated should things change and new information emerges.
In the meantime, we practice strict Universal Standard safety precautions as set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA) to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. Specifically, we are in strict adherence to page 41 of the CDC Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health-Care Settings .
As a pre-caution, the CDC recommends the following in order to prevent the spread of infection:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- An alcohol –based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol can be used if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when feeling sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, we ask that you reschedule your dental visit if you have been in contact with any persons with a diagnosed COVID 19 virus, have a temperature greater than 100, sore throat, achy joints, and/or severe cold symptoms.
Our dental practice is open and is operating under our normal business hours. As always, please feel free to contact our practice with any questions or concerns.
Vince Prestipino, DDS
Tassos Sfondouris, DDS, MS